Effective Date October 24th, 2017
Applicability and third-party websites and services
We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- When you provide it to us. When you submit an SMS subscription form or otherwise provide us with your personal information, we may collect and retain that information, including but not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, and address.
- Automatically. We may automatically collect your information based on your interactions with our site, using cookies and other technology (further described below).
- From third parties who make consumer data available to marketing companies that can be appended to other sources of data we collect.
Types of Information we may collect:
Personally identifiable information: Examples of the types of personally identifying information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to: name, telephone number, zip code, email address, and other personal information you provide. You are not required to provide us with such information and you can elect not to provide it. Please be aware that some parts of the Site may not be accessible unless certain information is provided.
Other information we collect: We reserve the right to automatically collect information about your interaction with our Site, our advertisements and other promotional content using technologies like cookies and web beacons, and via our web server’s log files. Examples of information which may be collected by our various technologies include, but are not limited to, browser information, device IP address, click-through information, webpages visited on the Site, prior webpage address, date and time stamp information, and navigation information. The information we collect is not always personally identifiable when it is collected. However, we may combine this information with personally identifiable data, such as your name or email address, which may be used to identify you. We may also obtain additional data from third-party sources like data companies and add this to the data we have collected from you. We may use this combined information to provide you with relevant advertising when you visit our Site or sites such as Facebook and via programmatic adverting. We also reserve the right to use this information to send you email or online display advertisements.
How we may use the information that we collect.
We do not share, rent, or sell personally identifiable information to third parties. The information that we collect about you may be used by us (including our corporate group of internal companies, and/or an SMS provider) in any manner and for any purpose permitted by law. This may include: combining your personally identifiable information, such as your email address, with information that does not personally identify you, such as your IP address, device ID, a unique cookie recognized on your browser, or information associated with such non-personally identifiable information, such as information about your browsing history, whether collected on this site or a third-party site. This combined information may be used by us to send you information about our products or services, including via email, online display ads, and text messages.
Your Choices regarding collection of your information.
- Opting Out of Our Promotional Emails. You may opt-out of receiving targeted and other marketing and promotional emails from us at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the emails (also referred to as “unsubscribe”). You may also submit a request to unsubscribe here. Please allow 10 business days for us to process your opt-out request.
- Opting out of receiving SMS/text messaging alerts: You may terminate any of the SMS/texting services or subscriptions at any time by texting STOP to 23084.
- Providing Information. You can always choose not to provide us with your information that identifies you personally.
- Declining Cookies. If you do not want to accept our cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to decline cookies. Please be aware, however, that if you decline cookies, certain areas of the Site may not operate properly.
- Do Not Track. This site does not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
Cookies and Other Technology
We may also use web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear gifs”) to track your use of our Site, your interaction with our advertisements on our sites or other sites, and other content. Web beacons help us improve our Site, services, and marketing communications, among other things.
Targeted Ads and Analytics Services
We may have relationships with third party advertising and analytics services companies—such as Facebook and Google Ads—that may place advertisements on our behalf onto other websites, perform tracking and reporting functions for those sites and our advertisements, and place third party advertisements on our Site. Information that may be collected includes, for example: information about the websites you’ve viewed, advertisements you’ve interacted with, your IP address, date and time of interaction, your ISP and the browser you use to visit this Site. We reserve the right to combine this information with personally identifiable information like your name or email address or other information that could be used to identify you. Collectively, this information may be used to deliver advertising, including via email and Facebook. It may also be used to better understand your interactions with our site and advertisements, and other websites and advertisements observed by these advertising companies, among other things.
To learn more about targeted advertising (also called interest-based advertising), analytics services and your choices, including how to opt-out of some third party ads, advertising networks and ad servers, you may wish to visit the DAA Consumer Opt-Out Page, NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page, and Google’s information page.
This Site is intended for general audiences, and is not intended for use by persons under the age of 16. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete it. If you believe that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, please contact us using the information below.
California Privacy Rights:
California law gives residents of California certain rights, including: (1) the right to request a copy of data that we have collected from or about you, (2) the right to request that we delete data about you, and (3) the right to opt-out of us sharing your data with our affiliated companies.. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at contact@InsureShack.com.
Personal Information Transferred to the U.S.
We operate our Site in the United States, and it is intended for use exclusively by those in the U.S. Data protection and privacy laws vary significantly between the U.S. and other locations. If you are not located in the U.S., you understand and acknowledge that any personal information collected will be transferred to and processed in the U.S., and you authorize such activities.